10-28-14 America’s Problem with Righteousness
America was founded by righteous people. A large majority of Americans are now very unhappy with the way things are in America. How can that be, because America is still chuck full of righteousness? Let’s see if we can see what happened.
America was founded by Jesus Christ, The Great Governor of the Universe! Here are a few examples of why I declare that to be true.
- Colossians 1:15-17: 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
- When Wycliffe finished translating the Bible into English in the late 1300’s, he wrote in the flyleaf of that Bible that it would make possible government by people for people. He understood that his translation would set English speaking people free.
- Columbus said he was led by the Holy Spirit to find a people not yet evangelized and I am a most noteworthy sinner, but I have cried out to the Lord for grace and mercy, and they have covered me completely. I have found the sweetest consolation since I made it my whole purpose to enjoy His marvellous Presence
- The Pilgrims Mayflower Compact starts with, In the name of God, Amen, and then states, Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and advancements of the Christian faith.
- In 1741 a gathering of those now in New England was held to form a confederation and they stated: Whereas we all came into these parts of America with one and the same end and aim, namely, to advance the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ and to enjoy the liberties of the Gospel in purity with peace.
- George Washington would spend an hour in the morning and an hour at night before a chair with the Bible spread out in prayer. I have read some of his awesome prayers and wished that I could pray with such power, but he was unsatisfied and said his prayers had become his sin! He advised other nations, when many of them thought our government was a miracle to behold: You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.
- John Adams devoured libraries and scripture and served his country most of his life and was overseas representing America for years. He and his wife exchanged many letters with a spiritual nature and discussed how to raise kids and how to live. He said The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.
- Thomas Jefferson said: The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses.
- James Madison who wrote Washington’s first inaugural address, which is all about Christ, also said: A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven. In other words, leaders should fear God and be Christians as he is the only way to Heaven.
- John Quincy Adams studied the Bible in 12 languages! He said: In the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior. The Declaration of Independence laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity.
Note: There is much more in my e book, America, Christ’s Top Nation Has Fallen which is available at Amazon and wherever e books are sold.
The quotes of our first president are from http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755 and I hope you mark it as a favorite on your computer as I have. Wall Builders is awesome and you will find their quotes from numerous founders very entertaining!
What we have just looked at is America’s righteousness from Christ at our founding. Now let us look at America’s huge problem of Satan’s self righteousness and unrighteousness and Political Correctness now governing America.
- The indignant self righteous quote from the liberals is now, You didn’t build that. The inference is we the people built it and we need most of the money you have earned from it. If man is blessed beyond what he needs it is from God. Liberals think they need to control God’s blessings and give it to who they think should get it! This is basically liberals trying to play God and it cannot work as God is showing America. This is against Biblical principals at the most basic level. Mans walk on earth is between him and God not him and big government.
- When America rebelled in the early sixties, the two presidents of that time were John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson who both were rebellious philanderers of the highest order and proud of it.
- Richard Nixon was hounded out of office because he lied to the American people. That statement was heard on most news cast on almost every evening. Because of self righteousness, lies by our current liberal leaders hardly raise a yawn and are hardly ever mentioned in America’s liberal media because a liberal lie is a necessity and a non-event.
- After Bill Clintons election where the self righteous phrase, It is the economy stupid, was so effective, it came out that he had lied about the economy and the liberal press justified the lie by saying he had just done what he needed to do to get elected.
- God’s word declares homosexuality and taking the life of the unborn abominations. Now America’s self righteous liberals proclaim these practices are totally acceptable and viciously attack anyone who claims otherwise.
- Obama and Hilary Clinton, were both fans of Saul Alinsky, who wrote the 12 rules for radicals, which are about as anti Christian as man can get and when they are followed, self righteousness is put in practice.
- In self righteousness, liberals keep asking for more money to help the poor and then keep most of the money as they on average collect salaries about four times higher than the poor! All the while they self righteously proclaim they are for the poor and so should we!
- Government makes a mess of most everything they manage but out of self righteousness think they should be managing everything as they keep on piling more laws and regulations which of course they need to enforce. That is what Obama care is all about.
I am amazed how fast liberal self righteous domination of Americans is growing!
- Pastor’s sermons have now been subpoenaed.
- Liberals are now trying to end church tax exemptions.
The solution for saving America from self righteousness is massive revival and repentance.
Ron Madison at www.americaisafallennation.com